Brownie Bat Bites with Chocolate Frosting
For the Brownie Bites
- 12 store-bought mini brownie bites
- A box brownie mix divided and baked into a mini muffin pan
- Your favorite homemade brownie recipe divided and baked into a mini muffin pan
For the Frosting
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (360g) powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup (120g) Belfonte sour cream, room temperature
For the Decoration
- 12 halved chocolate cookies
- 24 candy eyes
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder on low speed until smooth. This should be about 2-3 minutes of mixing.
- Pour room temperature sour cream into the frosting and beat on high speed for at least 3 minutes to create a light frosting.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or zippable plastic bag with the corner snipped off for greater control if desired.
- Frost the brownie bites as desired. Immediately after frosting, place 2 halved cookies round-side-up on top of the frosting. Then, place 2 candy eyes towards the front of the brownie bites under the wings.
- Store tightly covered or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Makes about 24 Brownie Bites