- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- .75 quarts Belfonte Brownie Extreme Ice Cream (½ of a container)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper
and spray with cooking spray to ensure the brownie bars will come out of the pan cleanly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt together
- In a large bowl, use a wire whisk to combine room temperature eggs, vegetable oil,
granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the dry flour mixture into the large bowl of wet ingredients. Whisk carefully to
avoid making a mess and overmixing. Only mix until you see the flour mixture disappear,
as overmixing could lead to drier brownies.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan. Use a knife or rubber spatula to evenly spread
the batter in the pan.
- Bake the brownies for 18-24 minutes or until the brownies look set on top and shiny, a
toothpick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs, and the brownies do not wiggle
when the pan is moved.
- Allow the brownies to cool fully before moving forward.
- Use a spoon to spread Belfonte Brownie Extreme ice cream on top of the cooled
- If the ice cream is too firm to spread, let it sit for a few minutes to soften it.
- Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the ganache topping.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until the cream just starts to
bubble. Keep an eye on it, as it will heat quickly.
- Pour the heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips. Use a spoon to push the chocolate
chips below the hot liquid to ensure all parts of the chocolate are heated.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 2 minutes before stirring in the center of the bowl with a
spoon. As the mixture begins to come together in the center of the bowl, begin to stir in larger circles until the entire mixture comes together.
- Pour the ganache topping on top of the ice cream.
- Place the pan back in the freezer for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.