Cottage Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
Sneak in more protein! Our Cottage Cheese Chicken Enchiladas offer a healthier alternative to your favorite comfort foods. Made with Belfonte Cottage Cheese, these enchiladas serve up an extra scoop of protein with every bite and your family won’t know the difference!
2 cups Belfonte Cottage Cheese
1/2 cup Belfonte Sour Cream
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 onion, diced
1 7 oz can of green chilies, diced
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 packet taco seasoning
10-12 corn or flour tortillas, medium size
1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add oil to a large skillet and add diced green chilies, taco seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and water and stir to combine.
- Add shredded chicken and toss to evenly coat with seasoning mixture. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, 3/4 of the Monterey Jack and sour cream until evenly combined.
- Coat the bottom of an 11 X 14-inch baking dish with 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of the cheese mixture down the center of a tortilla to the top with an equal amount of the chicken mixture.
- Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cover the rolled enchiladas with enchilada sauce and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cheese.
- Bake until the enchiladas are heated through, the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted, usually about 20-25 minutes.