Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Cottage Cheese Pancakes are soft, fluffy, full of protein, super simple to make and can even be made ahead of time!
- 16 oz Belfonte small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Butter for cooking and serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs. Add cottage cheese, vanilla, honey, and lemon zest if using, and stir until combined.
- Whisk together 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour and 1 tsp baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and stir just until combined, it will be lumpy.
- Heat a large NON-stick skillet over medium/low heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter is melted, add about 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the hot skillet and cook until golden and puffed up. I can fit 3 pancakes at a time in my large skillet but don’t crowd your pan.
- You should see little bubbles on the top of the pancake when it’s ready to flip but, take a look to be sure they are golden and holding their shape before flipping.
- Gently flip the pancakes over and continue cooking until cooked through. Remove from the pan and wrap in a tea towel (or put in low oven) to keep warm while you repeat the process with the remaining butter and pancake batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or any other toppings in the notes.
Use other flour like whole wheat or gluten-free mixes to adapt the pancakes to your preferences and dietary needs.
I love to serve these cottage cheese pancakes with fresh fruit or any of these toppings.
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Confectioners Sugar
- Honey Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries
- Lemon Curd
- Air Fryer– add pancakes into the air fryer in a single layer and air fry at 350˚F for 2-3 minutes or until heated.
- Skillet – Warm over medium heat. Brush with butter if desired. Heat pancakes in a single layer until warmed through.
- Toaster– put pancakes in one at a time and toast until heated.