Fourth of July Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- red & blue food coloring
- Belfonte Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a large bowl add your butter and sugars and beat until combined. Next, add your egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Once your wet ingredients are combined, add your dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Divide into 2 bowls and add red food coloring and blue food coloring and fold until evenly distributed.
- Let your cookie dough chill for about 30 minutes to an hour to firm up so you can roll it out.
- Roll your cookie dough out and cut out with star cookie cutter. (Or the shape you decide.) Let chill in the freezer for 15 minutes then bake in the oven for around 10-12 minutes. Let them cool.
- Spread your Belfonte Vanilla Ice Cream out into a baking dish lined with parchment paper and let it re freeze. Cutout with star cookie cutter and place between your two cookies.
- Roll in red, white & blue sprinkles.
Yields 12-18 Fourth of July ice cream sandwiches.