Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Need a dessert to cool off with? Check out these Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches stuffed with Belfonte ice cream! Summer just got sweeter!
- 1⁄2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (70g) cup granulated sugar + 1/4 cup (53g) for rolling
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (192g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups (275g) all purpose flour, properly measured
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 Quart Belfonte Chocolate Ice Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off cleanly after baking and cooling.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth, creamy, and fluffy. This should be 2-3 minutes of mixing.
- Mix room temperature eggs and vanilla extract into the dough by beating on medium speed until incorporated.
- Add creamy peanut butter into the dough and mix on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure the ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Carefully, add the flour, baking soda, and salt to your wet batter on low speed. Mix only until you see the dry ingredients disappear into the batter, as mixing past this point can create dense cookies.
- Roll the balls into 1- 1/2 tablespoon-sized dough balls. Roll each ball in the extra 1/4 cup of sugar before placing it on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked, the centers look domed and slightly soft, and the edges are light golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack or plate to finish cooling.
- Place 1⁄4 cup of Belfonte Chocolate Ice Cream, or your desired amount, on one cooled cookie.