Slice and Bake Cookies
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (315g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Belfonte milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter and granulated sugar together on medium speed until smooth. This should be about 2-3 minutes of mixing.
- Add the egg, Belfonte milk, and vanilla extract to the batter and beat until fully combined. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl to ensure the mixture is combined throughout.
- Pour the properly-measured all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the batter and mix only until you see the ingredients disappear.
- Pour holiday sprinkles into the dough and mix until dispersed throughout.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll each dough section into a log shape.
- Place each roll, uncovered, in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. Then, cut the roll into about ¼-inch-thick cookies and use your hands to shape them if they have lost their circle shape.
- Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just barely starting to darken, the centers still look just slightly soft, and the tops are pale. The cookies will continue to bake and firm up as they cool. Store tightly covered or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Makes about 24 cookies