Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
This strawberry ice cream cake is a perfect dessert for any occasion. Made with layers of strawberry and vanilla ice cream and topped with a crunchy cookie, sweet topping, it’s a treat that everyone will love. And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make!
- 24 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups Belfonte vanilla ice cream, softened
- 5 cups Belfonte strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 Golden Oreo cookies, crushed.
- Add-in ideas: 1 or 2 ounces of chopped chocolate, white chocolate chips, dried fruit, and or chopped nuts.
- Line a 9×9′ baking pan with parchment. Be sure to go up the sides so the cake is easy to remove after its frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a rolling pin or food processor, finely crush 24 cookies. (Place cookies in a plastic bag if using a rolling pin for less of a mess)
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of the lined pan.
- Bake until firm, 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread softened vanilla ice cream onto the crust; freeze, covered with plastic wrap, until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and spread with soften strawberry ice cream, and then whipped topping.
- Crush 8 more cookies and combine crumbs with any of the add-ins you’d like. Sprinkle over whipped topping.
- Freeze, covered, until firm, 8 hours or overnight. Remove cake from the freezer. Using the parchment, lift the cake out of the pan. Gently peel off the parchment from the sides. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.