Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars
Pink, red, and white M&M candies turn chocolate chip cookie bars into an easy Valentine’s Day themed treat!
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup (180g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (210g) granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Belfonte milk
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 3 cups (420g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cup (270g) M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil to ensure the bars come out cleanly.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with the paddle attachment, mix room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth. Mix for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is lighter and color and slightly fluffy in texture.
- Add vanilla extract and Belfonte milk to the batter before adding the eggs one at a time. Thoroughly mix between adding each egg to make sure the batter is smooth and fully combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly, add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients while mixing on low speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Do not overmix the batter.
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms to the batter and mix until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Spread the batter with the knife to make sure the bars cook evenly. Top the batter with additional chocolate chips and/or M&Ms as desired.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the sides of the bars are golden brown and the middle is light golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean with some crumbs and batter. The bars will continue to cook as they cool. Allow the bars to cool before slicing.