Vanilla Raspberry Ice Cream Pie
- 8 oz (230g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- ⅔ cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1.5 Quart Belfonte Vanilla Ice Cream Container
- 1 10-inch graham cracker crust
- Pour the raspberries into a medium saucepan. Then, add sugar and cornstarch to the saucepan.
- Heat and stir the mixture on medium heat for about 12-18 minutes. The mixture should reach a rolling boil, and you should continue heating past the boil until thickened. A rubber spatula will come out with some jelly on it without all of it falling back into the saucepan.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and allow it to cool for at least 45 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- After the raspberry pie topping has cooled, spoon softened ice cream into the graham cracker crust.
- Top the ice cream with the raspberry pie topping and use a fork to spread the mixture across the top as desired.
- Place the pie back in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight to firm back up. Transfer the pie to the fridge 15-30 minutes before serving for easier serving.
Yield: 10-inch Pie (about 8 servings)